1. [B] The test driver made a wrong judgement
2. [D] They have generally done quite well.
3. [A] He works at a national park.
4. [B] They were making a lot of noise.
5. [A] The discovery of a new species of snake.
6. [C] A snake crawled onto his head in his sleep.
7. [D] From its colour.
8. [A] The security check takes time.
9. [B] By credit card.
10. [A] Give him a receipt.
11. [D] Posting a comment on the hotel’s webpage.
12. [C] He has stopped making terrible faces.
13. [D] Warn him of danger by making up a story.
14. [A] They could break pp’s legs.
15. [B] One would have to shave their head to remove a bat in their hair.
19. [B] They avoid looking at them.
20. [C] It focuses its eyes on their mouths.
21. [B] By taking in their facial expressions as a whole.
22. [D] They resort to different means to survive the bitter cold.
23. [C] They consume the energy stored before the long sleep.
24. [A] By storing enough food beforehand
25. [C] To stay safe
Section A 选词填空
26. [O] vigorous
27. [ I ] phenomenon
28. [E] effectively
29. [G] involved
30. [M] solution
31. [D] cycling
32. [C] control
33. [J] preventing
34. [N] sufficient
35. [F] increased
As if you needed another reason to hate the gym, it now turns out that exercise can exhaust not only your muscles, but also your eyes. Fear not, however, for coffee can perk them right up again. During vigorous exercise, our muscles tire as they run out of fuel and build up waste products. Muscle performance can also be affected by a phenomenon called “central fatigue,” in which an imbalance in the body’s chemical messengers prevents the central nervous system from directing muscle movements effectively. It was not known, however, whether central fatigue might also affect motor systems not directly involved in the exercise itself—such as those that move the eyes. To find out, researchers gave 11 volunteers a carbohydrate solution either with a moderate dose of caffeine—which is known to stimulate the central nervous system—or as a placebo without, during 3 hours of cycling. After exercising, the scientists tested the cyclists with eye-tracking cameras to see how well their brains could still control their visual system. The team found that exercise reduced the speed of rapid eye movements by about 8%, preventing their ability to capture new visual information. The caffeine—the equivalent of two strong cups of coffee—was sufficient to counteract this effect, with some cyclists even displaying increased eye movement speeds, the team reports today in Scientific Reports. So it might be a good idea to get someone else to drive you home after that marathon.
Section B 段落信息匹配
36. [H] 题干：Successful team leaders know exactly where the team should go and are able to take promptaction.
37. [D] 题干：Decentralisation of authority was also found to be more effective in military operations.
38. [B] 题干：In many companies,the conventional form of organisation is giving way to a network of teams.
39. [J] 题干：Members of poorly managed teams are easily distracted from their work.
40. [G] 题干：Teamwork is most effective when team members share the same culture.
41. [A] 题干：According to a report by Deloitte,teamwork is becoming increasingly popular among companies.
42. [F] 题干：Some team members find it hard to agree on questions like membership and the team's purpose.
43. [E] 题干：Some scholars think teamwork may not always be reliable,despite its potential to work wonders.
44. [I] 题干：To ensure employee's commitment,it is advisable to give them more flexibility as to where and how they work.
45. [C] 题干： Product transitions take much less time now than in the past.
Section C 仔细阅读
46. [D] Britons have developed the habit of saving.
47. [B] It will remain gloomy.
48. [C] Luxurious features add much to the price.
49. [A] They are particular about the quality of toilet paper.
50. [D] Environmental protection is not much of a concern when Britons buy toilet paper.
51. [B] She succeeded in quitting smoking abruptly.
52. [D] They were offered nicotine replacements.
53. [C] It is encouraging.
54. [B] needs some practice first.
55. [A] They find it even more difficult.
The Yellow River ranks the third longest in Asia and the sixth longest in the world. The word “yellow” describes the muddy water of the river. The Yellow River，one of several rivers for China to live on，originates from Qinghai，flows through nine provinces, and finally pours into the Bohai Sea. The river basin is not only the birthplace of ancient Chinese civilization，but also the most prosperous region in the early history of China. However,due to the frequent devastating floods, it has caused many disasters. In the past few decades,the government has taken various measures to prevent disasters.
The Pearl River, an extensiveriver systeminsouthern China, flows through Guangzhou City. Itis China’s third-longestriver, only after theYangtze Riverand theYellow River. The Pearl River Delta (PRD) is one of the most developed regions in China with an area of about 11,000 square kilometers. It is the largest urban area in the world in both size and population.The nine largest cities of PRDhave a combined population of over 57 million.Since the reform and opening up (economic liberalization) was adopted by the Chinese governmentin the late 1970s, the Delta has become one of the leading economic regions and a major manufacturing center of China and the world.
The Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia and the third-longest in the world. It flows through a wide array of ecosystems and is habitat to several endemic and endangered species. The Yangtze River drains one-fifth of the land area of the People’s Republic of China (PRC). Its river basin is home to one-third of the country’s population. The Yangtze plays a large role in the history, culture and economy of China. The Yangtze River Delta generates as much as 20% of the PRC’s GDP. For thousands of years, the river has been used for water, irrigation and industrial production. The largest hydro-electric power station in the world is located in the River.
Directions：For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an advertisement on your campus website to sell a computer you used at college. Your advertisement may include its brand, specifications/features, condition and price, and your contact information. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an advertisement on your campus website to sell a bicycle you used at college. Your advertisement may include its brand, specifications/features, condition and price, and your contact information. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an advertisement on your campus website to sell a you used at college. Your advertisement may include its brand, specifications/features, condition and price, and your contact information. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
试卷一Section A 选词填空
26. F) focused
27. L) trigger
28. O) volunteers
29. H) instructed
30. J) sealed
31. M) uttering
32. A) apparently
33. C) brilliance
34. D) claiming
35. N) volume
26. L) significant
27. F) justify
28. E) drastically
29. D) doubtful
30. H) outcome
31. O) standardized
32. B) confirm
33. K) reputation
34. C) demanding
35. A) accurately
试卷三 Section B 段落信息匹配
试卷一 Section C 仔细阅读
46. [A] It’s backed by a campus spending analysis.
47. [B] Facilities management by colleges is more cost-effective.
48. [C] render a number of campus workers jobless
49. [A] The outsourcing plan is not yet finalized.
50. [D] He opposed the governor’s plan to reconstruct the college board system.
51. [B] It was unaffordable for ordinary people.
52. [C] They were versed in literature and interested in art.
53. [D] They gained some knowledge of classical art and architecture.
54. [B] Europe hardly had any museums before the 19th century.
55. [A] There appeared more and more Roman-style buildings.
The Tang dynasty, which began in 618 and ended in 907, is generally regarded as the most prosperous period in Chinese history. After three hundred years of development, the Tang Dynasty has become the most prosperous power around the world. Its capital Chang’an was the largest city in the world at that time. During this period, economy developed, commerce thrived, social order was stable, and even the border was open to the outside. Wealth increased due to urbanization, art and literature also flourished. Li Bai and Du Fu are poets who are renowned for their simple and natural writing style. Their poems touched the hearts of scholars and ordinary people; even today, many of their poems are still widely read and recited by children and adults.
The Song dynasty began in 960 and continued until 1279. During this period, China's economy grew significantly and became the world's most advanced economy. Technology, science, philosophy and mathematics flourished over the course of the Song. It is the first government in the world history to issue paper money. The Song dynasty is also the first government to use gunpowder and invented movable-type printing. With the rapid growth of population , more and more people live in the city, where there are lively entertainment venues. Social life during the Song was vibrant. Citizens gathered to view and trade precious artworks. The institution of Song dynasty was prominent at that time; the officials were employed through competitive examinations.
The Ming Dynasty, which reigned China for 276 years, is described as one of the greatest epochs with orderly governance and social stability in human history. During this period, the development of handicraft industry promoted the development of market economy and urbanization. Large scale of commodities, including wine and silk, were sold in the market. Meanwhile, many foreign goods such as clocks and tobacco were imported. Business centers like Beijing, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Suzhou were taking shape in succession. It was also in Ming Dynasty that Zheng He led the seven large-scale expeditions to the Indian Ocean. Particularly worth mentioning is that three of the four great classics in Chinese literature are written during the Ming Dynasty.
Directions：Suppose you are asked to give advice on whether to attend college at home or abroad, write an essay to state your opinion. You are required to write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.
Directions: Suppose you are asked to give advice on whether to major in humanities or science, write an essay to state your opinion. You are required to write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.