【六级真题】2017年12月第二套词汇理解真题

英语四六级考试网2020-07-11 15:38:29

2017年12月六级第二套词汇理解真题


Section A


Directions: In this section, there is a passage with ten blanks. You are required to select one word for each blank from a list of choices given in a word bank following the passage. Read the passage through carefully before making your choices. Each choice in the bank is identified by a letter. Please mark the corresponding letter for each item on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre. You may not use any of the words in the bank more than once.


The pacific island nation of palau has become home to the sixth largest marine world. the new marine reserve, now the largest in the pacific, will--26-- no fishing or mining. Palau also established the world, first shark sanctuary in 2009.


The tiny island nation has set aside 500,000 square kilometres-80 percent -of its maritime  27 , for full protection, that's the highest percentage of an  28  economic zone devoted to remaining 20 percent of the palau seas will be reserved for local fishing by individuals and small-scale  29  fishing businesses with limited exports.


"island  30  have been among the hardest hit by the threats facing theocean, "said president.Tommy Remengesau Jr. in a statement. "creating this sanctuary is a bold move that the people of palau recognise as  31  to our survival. we want to lead the way in restoring the health of the occan for future generation.


Palau has only been an  32  nation for twenty years and has a strong history of environmental protection. it is home to one of the world's finest marine ecosystems, with more than 1,300 species of fish and 700 species of coral.


Senator hokkons baules lead  33  of the palau national marine sanctuary act, said the sanctuary will ”help build a  34 future for the Palauan people by honoring the conservation traditions of our past". These include the centuries-old custom of "bul“, where leaders would call a temporary stop to fishing for key species in order to give fish  35  an opportunity to replenish(补充).


a) allocate

b) celebrities

c) commercial

d) communities

e)essential

f)exclusive

g) independent

h) indulge

i) permit

j) secure

k) solitary

L) spectacle

m) sponsor

n) stocks

o) temitory



参考答案:

26. i)permit

The new marine reserve, now the largest in the Pacific, will no fishing or mining. 

该空考察will之后的动词原形,因此,结合上下句语境,不难得出该空为permit(允许零捕鱼区); 

27. o)territory

The tiny island nation has set aside 500,000 square kilometers-80 percent-of its maritime . 

该空考察maritime后的搭配,考虑到形容词后的搭配,不难得出该空考察maritime后的名词为territory(小岛领土); 

28. fexclusive

That’s the highest percentage of an economic zone devoted to marine conservation by any country in the world. 

该空考察不定冠词an后的搭配,同时考虑空后的economic,可以得出 exclusive(专属经济区) ; 

29. c)commercial

by individuals and small-scale fishing businesses with limited exports 

该空考察individuals small-scale后的搭配,根据上下文语境可以得出,该空答案为 commercial(商业捕鱼区); 

30. d)communities

Island have been among the hardest hit by the threats facing the ocean. 

此处考察从句的主语部分,考虑前后文,可以得出“Island communities”(小岛社区); 

31. eessential

The people of Palau recognise as to our survival. 

Recognise as 后接该空出所问的这个大胆的一步所处的地位,“essential”一词为正确答案( Palau地区居民认为的必需品); 

32. g)independent

Palau has only been an nation for twenty years and has a strong history of environmental protection . 

此处考察搭配“ an independent nation”(独立的国家),故根据前后搭配,答案很容易得出

33. m)sponsor

Senator Hokkons Baules, lead of the Palau National Marine Sanctuary Act, said.... 

该提出现在句中的同位语处,因此,考虑到这个人的身份,不难得出答案为sponsor(主要赞助商); 

34.j)secure

Help build a future... 

该空考察搭配,帮助建立...的未来,因此,安全的未来符合语境,故选secure; 

35. n)stocks

Call a temporary stop to fishing for key species in order to give fish an opportunity to replenish. 

此处考察搭配fish 后的搭配,因此,...一个补充的机会,因此,该空答案为fish stocks (鱼类); 


整理自网络








Copyright © 北京英语四六级培训联盟@2017