Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay. Suppose you have two options upon graduation. One is to find a job somewhere and the other to start a business of your own. You are to make a decision. Write an essay to explain the reasons for your decision. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
In the past two years of my college life, I have never ceased tothink what kind of work I shall take up upon graduation. Although my ideas arenot consistent, I have now decided to start a business of my own as my lifelongcareer.
A variety of factors have led me to make this decision over other more lucrative ones. To begin with, running my own business means freedom and independence. As a person having my own business, I am free to use my own ideas and make my own decisions, a privilege not everyone can have, even those with highly-paid positions. More importantly, I like starting my own business in that it offers a certain peace of mind. No more rushing to catch a morning bus, no more anxiety to please a boss, no more worries about your paycheck which is steady, if not handsome.
Nothing, not even a big salary, can equal for the satisfaction of being your own boss and a gentle peace of life.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay. Suppose you have two options upon graduation. One is to work in a state-owned business and the other in a joint venture. You are to make a choice between the two. Write an essay to explain the reasons for your choice. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay.Suppose you have two options upon graduation. One is to take a job in a company and the other to go to a graduate school. You are to make a choice between the two. Write an essay to explain the reasons for your choice. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
Upon graduation, virtually all college students will confront the problem of the career choice，which is truly a tough choice. Students' opinions differ greatly on this issue. Some hold that priority should be given to take a job, but others take the attitude that going to a graduate school is the most critical factor influencing their future career choices.
As to myself, I prefer the latter view. A higher educational background exerts a tremendous fascination on a great number of people, with no exception to me. This phenomenon that the graduates have difficulties in finding job after their graduation can easily be found anywhere in our daily life, especially on campus. On the one hand, with the improved high education of Chinese college students which directly brought the result that there are more and more graduates every year. On the contrary, job vacancies don’t increase that fast. More people, less food, which is the exact deion of the hard condition. On the other hand, more and more people go on to pursue their master and doctor degree； more and more Chinese oversea students come back to China to hunt better working chances. It is sure that the competition is more and more fierce.
Therefore, it is high time that we took effective measures to improve our own competitiveness. That is the secret of success in the future employment market after our graduation.
1. [A] It was dangerous to live in.
2. [B] A storm
3. [B] They were trapped in an underground elevator.
4. [C] They sent supplies to keep the miners warm.
5. [D] Close some of its post office.
6. [C] Stopping mail delivery on Saturdays.
7. [A] Many post office staff will lose their jobs.
8. [D] He will lose part of his pay.
9. [B] He is a trustworthy guy.
10.[D] She is better at handling such matters.
11.[C] He is always trying to stir up trouble.
12. [D] Reserved
13. [A] They stay quiet
14. [C] She was never invited to a colleague’s home.
15. [B] Houses provide more privacy
16. [D] They will automatically be given hiring priority.
17. [C] Visit the school careers service.
18. [B] Supervising study spaces to ensure a quiet atmosphere.
19. [C] It may be sold at a higher price.
20. [A] It is healthier than green tee.
21. [D] It does not have a stable market.
22. [B] They prefer unique s of high quality.
23. [B] They could only try to create at night.
24. [A] Make wise choices.
25. [A] To boost the local economy.
The color of red in Chinese culture usually means good luck,longevity and happiness. Red can be found everywhere during Chinese SpringFestival and other joyous occasions. Cashes often in red envelopes are sent tofamily members or close friends as gifts. Its popularity can also be attributedthe fact that people accociate it with Chinese revolution and Communist Party.However, it does not always equal to good luck and joy in that the name of thedead used to be written in red. Using red ink to write names of Chinese peoplewere seen as an offense.
With China’s reform and opening up, manyyoung people tend to hold Western-style weddings these days. The bride wears awhite wedding dress at the wedding, because white is considered as a symbol ofpurity. However, in traditional Chinese culture, white is often used infunerals, so be sure to remember that white flowers must not be used as a giftto the patient, especially not to the seniors or critically illed patients.Similarly, the cash gift cannot be packed in a white envelope, but in a redenvelope.
26. [E] challenges
27. [J] searched
28. [D] categorizing
29. [K] similarities
30. [L] slightly
31. [G] percentage
32. [O] traditional
33. [ I ] regardless
34. [H] proving
35. [M] suggests
46. [B] He intends to get rid of thetipping practice.
47. [C] It forces the customer to comensatethe waiter.
48. [D] They can have some say in how muchtheir servers earn.
49. [A] Services quality has little effecton tip size.
50. [D] Waiters should be paid by employersinstead of customers.
51. [C] The impact of cheap oil on globaleconomic growth.
52. [D] Consumers will spend their savingsfrom cheap oil on other commodities.
53. [C] They use their money reserves toback up consumption.
54. [B] Its negative effects more thancancel out its positive effects.
55. [A] People are not spending all the moneythey save on gas.