For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter to express your thanks to one of your friends who helped you most when you were in difficulty. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
第一段: 写出写信目的. (表达感谢)
I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude to you for your help when I was in difficulty. You have been very kind and helpful since we knew each other.Last week, I caught a bad cold and had to stay at home for a week. When I was worrying about the lessons, you came to my home after school and helped me with every subject. With your help, I didn’t fall behind others.
Again, thanks so much for your enthusiastic help. Even though you are to about to go abroad for further education I know that I will always stay in touch with you. I wish you every success in the future and I hope we can exchange more viewpoints on study.
Please keep in touch, and drop in and visit us whenever you are in this part of the world.
For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter to express your thanks to one of your school teachers upon entering college. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
第一段: 写出写信目的. (表达感谢)
I am writing to you to express my thanks for your help in learning English. You are one of the best teachers who I have ever met .There are many good points that I learn from you.During these days in your class, I have acquired much knowledge from you and it really helps me a lot.Firstly, you let me know what the west thinking pattern is straight thinking pattern. As an English learner, it is important for me to understand the difference between them. There is no denying the fact that this can help me with my examination and interaction with foreigners. What’s more, I’m glad to be your student, and I am very happy to learn the course under your guidance. English is an important tool, through which we can share our experience with the world. I treasure the chance of learning English, and I enjoy the happiness from your course.
Last but not least, please forgive those mistakes I have made which may upset you. What I have learned from you will help me pass the coming examinations and also be useful for my further education in abroad. It is not only a progress of learning, but also a cultivation of my ability.May everything go well around you.
For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter to express your thanks to your parents or any family membersupon making memorable achievement.You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
第一段: 写出写信目的. (表达感谢)
This letter is to tell you my true feelings from the bottom of my heart.
Although we can keep in virtual touch every day, I still feel it not enough to let you know how much I love you and how much I’ve appreciatedwhatyou’ve done for me.
In the past 20 years, you have done a lot for me. Firstly, thank you so much for bringing me up. I know how hard you've being workingin the past. I can imagine how many difficulties and obstacles you've conquered. Second, I want to thank you for your good education on me. There is an old saying goes like this “parents are the first teachers to their children”. Both of you are the typical ones. The most important thing that I want to say “thank you” is for your great admiration on my own freedom. You told me to look over the horizons and to pursuit my own dreams without hesitation.
I really feel that my pen fails me when I am writing this thank you letter.The only thing I hope you can do for me is to take good care of yourselves and you will be always proud of me.
功夫（Kung Fu）是中国武术（martial arts）的俗称。中国武术的起源可以追溯自卫的需要,狩猎活动以及古代中国的军事训练，它是中国传统体育运动的一种。年轻人，老年人都练，它已逐渐演变成了中国文化的独特元素，作为中国的国宝，功夫有上百种的风格，是世界上练得最多的艺术形式，有些风格模仿了动物的动作。还有一些则受到中国哲学思想，神话和传说的启发。
Kung Fu is the folk name of Chinese martial arts, which dates back to the need of self-defense, hunting, and military drill in ancient China. It is one of China’s traditional sports, and all people, old and young, would participate in. It has gradually evolved into a
unique element of the Chinese culture. As a national treasure of China, it has hundreds of styles. Meanwhile, it is also the most practiced art form in the world. Some styles imitate the movements of animals, while others are inspired by Chinese philosophy, myth and legend.
In Weifang, Shandong, kites are not only for entertainment. It also symbolizes the culture of the city.Weifang is known as the “capital of kites” with a history of nearly 2,400 years in flying kites. It is said that the ancient Chinese philosopher Motze took three years to make the first kite right in Weifang. It fell and broke, however, on its first day of flying. Some also belives that it was the carpenter LuBan that fist invented the kite. It’s said that his kite was made of wood and bamboo and it landed after three days’ flying.
Wuzhen, an ancient water town of Zhejiang province, is located near the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal. It is a charming place. Many ancient bridges, Chinese style hotels and restaurants dwell there. In the past one thousand years, the water system and the way of life there haven't changed much, so it is a museum of ancient civilizations. All rooms in Wuzhen are made of stone and wood. Over hundreds of years, the locals have built houses and markets along the riverbank. Numerous spacious and pretty courtyardshide in those houses, serving as surprises and waiting to be found by the tourists.
综合对以上题目进行分析，我们会发现，翻译还是沿续老的传统侧重对中国文化进行考查，内容相对来讲，是大家所熟悉的，象“风筝”，“乌镇”“功夫”，驾驭起来难度并不是很大。同一个内容，可以用不同的形式来呈现，比如，“以……而闻名”用英文表达可以“be famous for...”还可以是“be renown as...”；再比如，“追溯到...”即可以“go back to....”也可以用“trace back to”等等。只要平时在学习的过程中，用心积累，必然会驾轻就熟。祝大家都能顺利通过。
26. 正确选项 O tend
27. 正确选项 M review
28. 正确选项 L performance
29. 正确选项 K particularly
30. 正确选项 N survive
31. 正确选项 E dropping
32. 正确选项 J mutually
33. 正确选项 H flow
34. 正确选项 F essential
35. 正确选项 I mood
36. 正确选项 E
37. 正确选项 L
38. 正确选项 B
39. 正确选项 H
40. 正确选项 N
41. 正确选项 J
42. 正确选项 F
43. 正确选项 C
44. 正确选项 I
45. 正确选项 G
46. 正确选项C。 It can be avoided if human values are translated into their language.
47. 正确选项 D。 They are ill-bred.
48. 正确选项 C。 By picking up patterns from massive data on human behavior.
49. 正确选项 D。 Do sufficient testing before taking action.
50. 正确选项 A。 Determine what is moral and ethical.
51. 正确选项A。 to see whether people’s personality affects their life span
52. 正确选项 D。 They are more likely to get over hardship.
53. 正确选项 C。 Such personality characteristics as self-discipline have no effect on longevity.
54. 正确选项 D。 Mothers’ negative personality characteristics may affect their children’s life spans..
55. 正确选项 B。 Longevity results form a combination of mental and physical health.
26. 正确选项 M provide
27. 正确选项 A abandoned
28. 正确选项 I frequent
29. 正确选项 L merely
30. 正确选项 C biased
31. 正确选项 G dependent
32. 正确选项 F dampens
33. 正确选项 E commitment
34. 正确选项 N understandably
35. 正确选项 D chances
Could Food Shortages Bring Down Civilization?
36. 正确选项 F
37. 正确选项 K
38. 正确选项 C
39. 正确选项 L
40. 正确选项 B
41. 正确选项 H
42. 正确选项 M
43. 正确选项 J
44. 正确选项 L
45. 正确选项 G
46. 正确选项B。 It weakens in one’s later years.
47. 正确选项 D。 Some of them begin to decline when people are still young.
48. 正确选项 C。They function quite well even in old age.
49. 正确选项 D。 can put what they have learnt into more effective use.
50. 正确选项 A。 find ways to slow down our mental decline.
51. 正确选项 C。 Scholars and policymakers have different opinions about it.
52. 正确选项A。 Pre-K achievements usually do not last long.
53. 正确选项B。 When it is made part of kids’ education.
54. 正确选项D。 She is a firm supporter of pre-K
55. 正确选项C。 Early intervention.
1. C) Rising unemployment worldwide.
2. C) Few countries have realized the seriousness of the current crisis.
3. B) Put calorie information on the menu.
4. A) They will be fined.
5. D) Failure to integrate innovation into their business.
6. B) It is the creation of something new.
7. C) Its innovation culture.
8. D) He does not talk long on the phone.
9. B) Talk at length.
10. A) He thought it was cool.
11. C) It is childish and unprofessional.
12. A) He wants to change his job assignment.
13. A) His workload was much too heavy.
14. C) His boss has a lot of trust in him.
15. D) Talk to his boss in person first.
16 A) The importance of sleep to a healthy life.
17 C) They get less and less sleep.
18 D) Their blood pressure will rise.
19. B) What course you are going to choose.
20. D) The personal statement.
21. C） Indicate they have reflected and thought about the subject.
22. B) It was built in the late 19th century.
23. D) They often broke down.
24. A) They were produced on the assembly line.
25. C) It marked a new era in motor travel.