A Letter to My Friend
I am writing this letter in the purpose of showing my sincere gratitude for all the support you have given me when I can't adapt myself very well to the college life.
Since I can totally enjoy my new life in the campus now, I can't wait to show you how much I appreciate your help and share my feelings with you. As for me, it is the first time that I have been apart with my loving parents and come to a thoroughly strange place. Facing everything new here, I find it hard to focus on my study and make friends. It is you who see through my weakness and stand by me in the darkest days. With your company and encouragement, I can face my college life with a positive mind.
After all we have been through, I hope our friendship would go further and further. Just remember that I would be there for you if you need any help.
1. C) Rising unemployment worldwide.
2. C) Few countries have realized the seriousness of the current crisis.
3. B) Put calorie information on the menu.
4. A) They will be fined.
5. D) Failure to integrate innovation into their business.
6. B) It is the creation of something new.
7. C) Its innovation culture.
8. D)He does not talk long on the phone.
9. B) talk at length.
10. A) He thought it was cool.
11. C) It is childish and unprofessional.
12. A) He wants to change his job assignment.
13. A) His workload was much too heavy.
14. C) His boss has a lot of trust in him.
15. D) Talk to his boss in person first.
16. A) The importance of sleep to a healthy life
17 .C) They get less and less sleep
18 .D) Their blood pressure will rise
19. B) What course you are going to choose
20. D) The personal statement
21. C）Indicate they have reflected and thought about the subject
22 .B) It was built in the late 19th century.
23 .D) They often broke down.
24 .A) They were produced on the assembly line.
25 .C) It marked a new era in motor travel.
26. O tend
27. M review
28. L performance
29. K particularly
30. N survive
31. E dropping
32. J mutually
33. H flow
34. F essential
35. I mood
46. C It can be avoided if human values are translated into their language.
47. D They are ill-bred.
48. C By picking up patterns from massive data on human behavior.
49. D Do sufficient testing before taking action.
50. A Determine what is moral and ethical.
51. A to see whether people’s personality affects their life span.
52. D. They are more likely to get over hardship.
53. C Such personality characteristics as self-discipline have no effect on longevity.
54. D Mothers’ negative personality characteristics may affect their children’s life spans.
55. B Longevity results form a combination of mental and physical health. cteristics may affect their children’s life spans...
55. B. Longevity results form a combination of mental and physical health.
功夫（Kung Fu）是中国武术（martial arts）的俗称。中国武术的起源可以追溯到自卫的需要，狩猎活动以及古代中国的军事训练。它是中国传统体育运动的一种，年轻人和老年人都练。它已逐渐演变成了中国文化的独特元素。作为中国的国宝，功夫有上百种不同的风格，是世界上练得最多的武术形式。有些风格模仿了动物的动作，还有一些则受到了中国哲学思想、神话和传说的启发。
Chinese Martial arts is commonly referred as Kung Fu, and it originated from the needs of self-defense, hunting activities as well as ancient Chinese military training. It is one of the traditional Chinese sports, with both the young and the old practicing it every day.
Kung Fu has gradually evolved as a unique element in Chinese culture. As the national treasure, Kung Fu enjoys hundreds of various styles, and it is the world's most-practiced form of martial arts.
Some forms of it imitate animals' movements, while others are inspired by Chinese philosophy, myths, and legendary stories.