1) Many nations have been faced with the problem of ...
2) Recently the problem has been brought into focus.
3) Recently the phenomenon has become a heated topic.
4) Recently the issue has aroused great concern among ...
5) Nowadays there is a growing concern over ...
6) Never in our history has the idea that ... been so popular.
7) Faced with ..., quite a few people argue that ...
8) According to a recent survey, ...
1) From what has been discussed above, we can draw the conclusion that ...
2) It is high time that strict measures were taken to stop ...
3) It is necessary that steps should be taken to ...
4) In conclusion, it is imperative that ...
5) There is no easy method, but ...might be of some help.
6) To solve the above-mentioned problem, we must ...
7) In summary, if we continue to ignore the above-mentioned issue, more problems will crop up.
8) With the efforts of all parts concerned, the problem will be solved thoroughly.
9) We might do more than identify the cause it is important to take actions to ...
10) Taking all these into account, we ...
11) Whether it is good or not /positive or negative, one thing is certain/clear...
1)It is true that ..., but one vital point is being left out.
2) There is a grain of truth in these statements, but they ignore a more important fact.
3) Some people say ..., but it does not hold water.
4) Many of us have been under the illusion that...
5) A close examination would reveal how ridiculous the statement is.
6) It makes no sense to argue for ...
7) Too much stress placed on ... may lead to ...
8) Such a statement mainly rests on the assumption that ...
9) Contrary to what is widely accepted, I maintain that ...
1.The advantage far outweigh the disadvantages.
2.The advantages of A are much greater than those of B.
3.A may be preferable to B, but A suffers from the disadvantages that...
4.It is reasonable to maintain that ...but it would be foolish to claim that...
5.For all the disadvantages, it has its compensating advantages.
6.Like anything else, it has its faults.
7.A and B has several points in common.
8.A bears some resemblances to B.
9.However, the same is not applicable to B.
10. A and B differ in several ways.
11. Evidently, it has both negative and positive effects.
12. People used to think ..., but things are different now.
13. The same is true of B.
14. Wondering as A is ,it has its drawbacks.
15. It is true that A ... , but the chief faults (obvious defects )are ...
1.A number of factors are accountable for this situation.
2.A number of factors might contribute to (lead to )(account for ) the phenomenon(problem).
3. The answer to this problem involves many factors.
4. The phenomenon mainly stems from the fact that...
5. The factors that contribute to this situation include...
6. The change in ...largely results from the fact that...
7. We may blame ...,but the real causes are...
8. Part of the explanations for it is that ...
9.One of the most common factors (causes ) is that ...
10.Another contributing factor (cause ) is ...
11.Perhaps the primary factor is that
12.But the fundamental cause is that ...
Whether ...or not largely depends on
▌Whether we find a joke funny or not largely depends on where we have been brought up.
▌Whether we find a plan feasible or not largely depends on whether it can bring profits.
... has never appealed to ....
▌The quiet life of the country has never appealed to me.
▌The noisy, busy life of the city has never appealed to me.
Although ... may be the most powerful impulses to ... , there are others.
▌Although truth and justice may be the most powerful impulses to show moral courage, there are others. Compassion is one of them.
▌Although science and technology may be the most powerful impulses to push forward a country, there are others. The overall quality of its people is one of them.
★ 点评 ★
With the advent of ... we have the promise of ...
▌With the advent of the new phase of technology we call automation, we have the promise both of greater leisure and even greater material and intellectual riches.
▌With the advent of the 21st century, we have the promise of a wider choice of employment and therefore, more opportunities to make a fortune.
... have come to pervade every aspect of our lives, and, as a result, ...
▌Science and technology have come to pervade every aspect of our lives, and, as a result, society is changing at a speed which is quite unprecedented.
▌Advertising has come to pervade every aspect of our lives, and, as a result, it is playing an increasingly more essential role in our purchases.
★ 点评 ★
... is quite the opposite.
▌The other side of the picture is quite the opposite.
▌But the truth is quite the opposite.
... is only part of the picture.
▌This idyllic pastoral scene is only part of the picture.
▌Academic performance is only part of the picture.
★ 点评 ★
在议论文写作过程中，中国考生一般是将所有观点按序排列，若要转换话题时，多以but, however 等词过渡，略显单薄和单调。而以上两例不仅可以延展文章的长度，也具有视觉缓冲的效果，使阅卷人或读者能继续保持较高的注意力和兴趣度。
... has an ambivalence... it ... but ...
▌The car has a curious ambivalence：it creates and then it destroys mobility. The car tempts people further out and then gives them the appalling problem of getting back. It makes them believe they can spend Sunday in Brighton, but makes it impossible for them to return before, say, two in the morning.
▌Women has a ambivalence when it comes to hunting for spouses: they hope that their future husband can be handsome. But they fear a handsome husband may attract too much attention and be seduced by other women.
★ 点评 ★
利弊说明是议论文中频繁采用的写作手段，其方式一般分为两种：一种是将优点和缺点分别罗列，构成比较的两大整块，即A, A, A…, B, B, B…型(A为优点，B为缺点，下同)；另一种则是将优点、缺点交叉罗列，即上例使用的A，B，A，B…型。相对而言，后者条理更加清晰，读者更易理解。
... XX ... have been used for ... The former / first ... The latter / second ...
▌Two main techniques have been used for training elephants, which we may call respectively the tough and the gentle. The former method simply consists of setting an elephant to work and beating him until he does what is expected of him…The gentle method requires more patience in the early stages, but produces a cheerful, good-tempered elephant who will give many years of loyal service.
▌Three approaches can be used for improving air quality. The first is to plant more trees ... The next is to use clean energy ... Finally, the government needs to optimize industrial layout.
★ 点评 ★
As is often pointed out, ...
▌As is often pointed out, knowledge is a two-edged weapon which can be used equally for good or evil.
▌As is often pointed out, income-tax is a two-edged weapon which, on the one hand, narrows the gap between the haves and the have-nots, and to some extent dampens the passion of the former on the other.
What characterizes almost all ... is ...
▌What characterizes almost all Hollywood pictures is their inner emptiness.
▌What characterizes almost all TV programs is their monotony.
▌What characterizes almost all newspapers and magazines is the excess of commercials.
Whatever ... , one thing is certain / clear
▌Whatever the source of noise, one thing is certain: Silence, it seems, has become a golden memory.
▌Whatever the results of this investigation, one thing is clear: Violence like this has no place in this country.
★ 点评 ★
议论文最常见的结尾方式是以so, therefore, thus, hence 等标志词引导。而以上三例则另辟蹊径，表达方式千姿百态，却起到了殊途同归的功效。因此，充足的知识储备才能真正达到“下笔如有神”的境界。