1. [B] The test driver made a wrong judgement
2. [D] They have generally done quite well.
3. [A] He works at a national park.
4. [B] They were making a lot of noise.
5. [A] The discovery of a new species of snake.
6. [C] A snake crawled onto his head in his sleep.
7. [D] From its colour.
8. [A] The security check takes time.
9. [B] By credit card.
10. [A] Give him a receipt.
11. [D] Posting a comment on the hotel’s webpage.
12. [C] He has stopped making terrible faces.
13. [D] Warn him of danger by making up a story.
14. [A] They could break pp’s legs.
15. [B] One would have to shave their head to remove a bat in their hair.
19. [B] They avoid looking at them.
20. [C] It focuses its eyes on their mouths.
21. [B] By taking in their facial expressions as a whole.
22. [D] They resort to different means to survive the bitter cold.
23. [C] They consume the energy stored before the long sleep.
24. [A] By storing enough food beforehand
25. [C] To stay safe
Section A 选词填空
26. [O] vigorous
27. [ I ] phenomenon
28. [E] effectively
29. [G] involved
30. [M] solution
31. [D] cycling
32. [C] control
33. [J] preventing
34. [N] sufficient
35. [F] increased
As if you needed another reason to hate the gym, it now turns out that exercise can exhaust not only your muscles, but also your eyes. Fear not, however, for coffee can perk them right up again. During vigorous exercise, our muscles tire as they run out of fuel and build up waste products. Muscle performance can also be affected by a phenomenon called “central fatigue,” in which an imbalance in the body’s chemical messengers prevents the central nervous system from directing muscle movements effectively. It was not known, however, whether central fatigue might also affect motor systems not directly involved in the exercise itself—such as those that move the eyes. To find out, researchers gave 11 volunteers a carbohydrate solution either with a moderate dose of caffeine—which is known to stimulate the central nervous system—or as a placebo without, during 3 hours of cycling. After exercising, the scientists tested the cyclists with eye-tracking cameras to see how well their brains could still control their visual system. The team found that exercise reduced the speed of rapid eye movements by about 8%, preventing their ability to capture new visual information. The caffeine—the equivalent of two strong cups of coffee—was sufficient to counteract this effect, with some cyclists even displaying increased eye movement speeds, the team reports today in Scientific Reports. So it might be a good idea to get someone else to drive you home after that marathon.
Section B 段落信息匹配
36. [H] 题干：Successful team leaders know exactly where the team should go and are able to take promptaction.
37. [D] 题干：Decentralisation of authority was also found to be more effective in military operations.
38. [B] 题干：In many companies,the conventional form of organisation is giving way to a network of teams.
39. [J] 题干：Members of poorly managed teams are easily distracted from their work.
40. [G] 题干：Teamwork is most effective when team members share the same culture.
41. [A] 题干：According to a report by Deloitte,teamwork is becoming increasingly popular among companies.
42. [F] 题干：Some team members find it hard to agree on questions like membership and the team's purpose.
43. [E] 题干：Some scholars think teamwork may not always be reliable,despite its potential to work wonders.
44. [I] 题干：To ensure employee's commitment,it is advisable to give them more flexibility as to where and how they work.
45. [C] 题干： Product transitions take much less time now than in the past.
Section C 仔细阅读
46. [D] Britons have developed the habit of saving.
47. [B] It will remain gloomy.
48. [C] Luxurious features add much to the price.
49. [A] They are particular about the quality of toilet paper.
50. [D] Environmental protection is not much of a concern when Britons buy toilet paper.
51. [B] She succeeded in quitting smoking abruptly.
52. [D] They were offered nicotine replacements.
53. [C] It is encouraging.
54. [B] needs some practice first.
55. [A] They find it even more difficult.
The Yellow River ranks the third longest in Asia and the sixth longest in the world. The word “yellow” describes the muddy water of the river. The Yellow River，one of several rivers for China to live on，originates from Qinghai，flows through nine provinces, and finally pours into the Bohai Sea. The river basin is not only the birthplace of ancient Chinese civilization，but also the most prosperous region in the early history of China. However,due to the frequent devastating floods, it has caused many disasters. In the past few decades,the government has taken various measures to prevent disasters.
The Pearl River, an extensiveriver systeminsouthern China, flows through Guangzhou City. Itis China’s third-longestriver, only after theYangtze Riverand theYellow River. The Pearl River Delta (PRD) is one of the most developed regions in China with an area of about 11,000 square kilometers. It is the largest urban area in the world in both size and population.The nine largest cities of PRDhave a combined population of over 57 million.Since the reform and opening up (economic liberalization) was adopted by the Chinese governmentin the late 1970s, the Delta has become one of the leading economic regions and a major manufacturing center of China and the world.
The Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia and the third-longest in the world. It flows through a wide array of ecosystems and is habitat to several endemic and endangered species. The Yangtze River drains one-fifth of the land area of the People’s Republic of China (PRC). Its river basin is home to one-third of the country’s population. The Yangtze plays a large role in the history, culture and economy of China. The Yangtze River Delta generates as much as 20% of the PRC’s GDP. For thousands of years, the river has been used for water, irrigation and industrial production. The largest hydro-electric power station in the world is located in the River.
Directions：For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an advertisement on your campus website to sell a computer you used at college. Your advertisement may include its brand, specifications/features, condition and price, and your contact information. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an advertisement on your campus website to sell a bicycle you used at college. Your advertisement may include its brand, specifications/features, condition and price, and your contact information. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an advertisement on your campus website to sell a you used at college. Your advertisement may include its brand, specifications/features, condition and price, and your contact information. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.