Topic 1: school life
1. What can you learn from the college life?
2. What’s the difference between the college life and the middle school life?
3. In your school life, which part impressed you most?
4. Have you ever been disappointed about the school life? Why?
Topic 2: holiday
1. What’s your favorite holiday? Why?
2. How do you usually spend the holiday?
3. Nowadays, many students choose to travel during the holiday. What about you?
4. Do you think it’s necessary to make May Day Holiday longer?
Topic 3: sport
1. What’s your favorite sport? Why?
2. What can you benefit from doing sports?
3. Do you always cooperate with others in the sports match? What do you think of team spirit?
4. Have you ever wanted to give up in the game? Why?
1. What kind of customs do you think are good customs in our culture?
2. What customs do you think should be revised?
3. Why are some Western customs popular in China?
4. How to preserve our traditional customs?
1. Personally speaking, I think there are many good customs in our culture.
For example, on Tomb-sweeping festival, we Chinese people will sweep the graves of our ancestors or loved ones in memory of them.
What’s more, during Spring Festival, we will get together with our families to celebrate the new year.
2. From my point of view, it’s reasonable for every custom to exist, but the way of celebrating it should be changed or revised.
For instance, we shouldn’t waste a lot of money practicing a custom.
3. As far as I’m concerned, there are two reasons mainly.
First of all, we must owe it to the reform and opening up policy. Since then, China has largely increased its communication with western countries and western customs are accepted by Chinese people day by day.
Second reason is that today's young people prefer a different way of life. Today's young people grow up in a totally different environment from last generation and it's easy for them to accept new things.
So out of freshness or keeping pace with the trend, they would like Western customs.
4. In my opinion, at least two aspects should be done in order to preserve our traditional customs.
For the government, it’s necessary to promote our traditional culture and encourage people to practice our traditional customs.
For our common people, we should cherish and be proud of our traditional customs, and shouldn’t worship and have faith in foreign things.
---Do you love traveling? What places of interest have you ever been to? Please share your traveling experiences with your partner and tell him or her what you learn from it.
---Yes, I like traveling.
Firstly, I believe that traveling is always educational. The people you meet along the way are from all walks of life. You can always learn a lot from them.
Secondly, traveling can enable me to release stress from study and work and temporarily get rid of some annoying daily routine. I wish I were able to travel more.
I have been to Hong KONG, and it was a fantastic trip. The city is busy and crowed, but so well-organized at the same time compared with my hometown.
We call HK “oriental shopping paradise”, and I must admit that I wasn’t disappointed with all the massive modern malls everywhere.
I also went to Sanya, Hainan province, in southern China. It was very relaxing, and the beach there is picturesque.
I also visited Xi’an---an ancient city in history and culture. I was quite marveled at terra-cotta warriors in Qin dynasty and its museums.